Bass Maintenance Tips
- Wipe rosin off of bass, bridge, & strings after each session with a cloth
- Keep the bass clean – use a clean cloth. Occasional use of instrument polish may be necessary
- Strings & fingerboard may be cleaned with rubbing alcohol, DO NOT LET ALCOHOL TOUCH THE BASS. IT WILL TAKE THE FINISH OFF.
- Do not touch the bow hair
- A toothbrush can be used to clean bow hair. Just ‘comb’ the hair with it.
- Re-hair your bow annually.
- Rather than ‘Dampits’ which can drip, use a nasal sprayer to put mist (2 puffs a day is plenty in the winter) into the bass.