Skip to content
Tips on Being a Teacher
- If you make a mistake, ADMIT IT IMMEDIATELY.
- If you don’t know something, say so. Say, “I don’t know but I will find out.” When you do find out, share not only the information but also how you researched the information.
- Have reasons why you do something.
- Be reasonable. Be fair. Be honest.
- Students WILL ask how old you are. Don’t do the usual song and dance. Tell them and move on with the lesson. The situation will immediately be defused and the students will respect you.